Cyclist dies on Colyton road
- Credit: Matt Smart
A cyclist has died following a single vehicle road traffic incident near Colyton.
Devon and Cornwall Police said the incident involved a pedal cycle travelling towards Seaton along the A3052 at Stafford Cross on Sunday, July 14.
A police spokesman said the bike was in the company of another cyclist, who was ahead.
Officers were called at 9.40am. The police's alliance roads policing team attended the scene to establish the cause of this collision.
The police spokesman said: "The second cyclist is believed to have suffered a medical episode and was pronounced deceased at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police thank the public for their patience while they investigated the scene."
Anyone with information or witnessed the incident are asked to call 101 quoting log 322 14/07/2019.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery