Dalwood crash puts pianist’s career at risk
- Credit: Archant
Drunken young musician broke her wrist and arm after colliding with a wall
A drunken crash at Dalwood has put the career of a talented young pianist at risk
Amy Buchanan broke her right arm and wrist when she drove her Mini car into a wall last August.
The 22 year old, from Portsmouth, Hampshire, was trapped in her car and taken to hospital where a blood test showed she was nearly twice the legal drink drive limit.
She admitted drink driving and told Exeter magistrates court: ”I have not regained full movement. I am a musician and unable to play the piano.”
You may also want to watch:
The music teacher said she needed further surgery and said she had suffered financially and phyisically in the crash.
She said: “I have learned the hard way. It was out of character. It has had devastating consequences and I am in constant pain.”
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 4 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 5 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 6 East Devon Property of the Week
- 7 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 8 When a waffle is good for your health
- 9 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site
- 10 Litter pickers unite to launch blitz on untidy blackspots
She was banned from driving for a year and fined a total of £335.