Daredevil Mike is doing it for Paul
MIKE Layzell, of Honiton, is planning his first sky dive in memory of a former school friend. Ambulance technician Mr Layzell, 42, will jump out of a plane above Dunkeswell air field on September 4 as a tribute to the late Paul Sedgwick
MIKE Layzell, of Honiton, is planning his first sky dive in memory of a former school friend.
Ambulance technician Mr Layzell, 42, will jump out of a plane above Dunkeswell air field on September 4 as a tribute to the late Paul Sedgwick, who died earlier this year after suffering from leukaemia.
Sponsorship is to be donated to the Exeter Leukaemia Fund (ELF).
Mr Layzell has previously climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge, in Australia, in aid of the Devon Air Ambulance Trust. He enjoyed the experience so much he completed the feat twice in two days.
"My target is to raise �500 for ELF but, hopefully, I'm going to exceed that amount," he said.
Sponsors have been quick to come forward to pledge their support. Select Windows, of Honiton, and Millstream Taxis have both offered �100 and further sponsorship is being provided by To an Fro, based at Honiton Garage.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 3 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 4 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 7 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 8 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 9 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
To sponsor Mr Layzell, call him on 07813405510.
A reunion of Honiton Community College's Class of 1983 is also being planned in memory of Paul. The 'no ticket required' event will start from Cafe 102, High Street, Honiton at 7.30pm (for 8pm) on October 3.