Daredevil Mike is doing it for Paul
MIKE Layzell, of Honiton, is planning his first sky dive in memory of a former school friend. Ambulance technician Mr Layzell, 42, will jump out of a plane above Dunkeswell air field on September 4 as a tribute to the late Paul Sedgwick
MIKE Layzell, of Honiton, is planning his first sky dive in memory of a former school friend.
Ambulance technician Mr Layzell, 42, will jump out of a plane above Dunkeswell air field on September 4 as a tribute to the late Paul Sedgwick, who died earlier this year after suffering from leukaemia.
Sponsorship is to be donated to the Exeter Leukaemia Fund (ELF).
Mr Layzell has previously climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge, in Australia, in aid of the Devon Air Ambulance Trust. He enjoyed the experience so much he completed the feat twice in two days.
You may also want to watch:
"My target is to raise �500 for ELF but, hopefully, I'm going to exceed that amount," he said.
Sponsors have been quick to come forward to pledge their support. Select Windows, of Honiton, and Millstream Taxis have both offered �100 and further sponsorship is being provided by To an Fro, based at Honiton Garage.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
To sponsor Mr Layzell, call him on 07813405510.
A reunion of Honiton Community College's Class of 1983 is also being planned in memory of Paul. The 'no ticket required' event will start from Cafe 102, High Street, Honiton at 7.30pm (for 8pm) on October 3.