Date set for Honiton to vote in its new mayor
- Credit: Archant
Extraordinary meeting set up following bombshell resignation of new mayor Ashley Delasalle
May 15 - the date Honiton gets its new mayor.
An extraordinary meeting has been arranged after Ashely Delasalle sensationally quit the council yesterday - despite being voted in as mayor.
In a lengthy speech, where she described the council as “broken”, Mrs Delasalle said the best thing she could do for Honiton was resign - an act she promptly followed through on.
Since the bombshell announcement, three other councillors have followed Mrs Delasalle in quitting - equivalent of one fifth of the current council.
You may also want to watch:
Former mayor Peter Halse, David Perkins and Luke Harvey-Ingram have all handed in their resignation, leaving the council has four vacancies to fill.
But first, it must vote in its new mayor and assign members to their committees.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
The meeting will be held at the Beehive, starting at 7pm.