Dates set for calendar photo contest
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Church team set to repeat contest after first one raised £5,000
A competition to gather illustrations for a fundraising calendar in aid of Axminster Parish Church proved such a hit organisers have set a date to do it again.
The contest entitled ‘Life in EX13’ invited photographers to provide shots of the local area for the 2015 calendar which was sold to raise funds for repairs to the historic Minster.
Mary Harding, who organised the competition jointly with Nicola Russell, revealed last week that sales had raised a massive £5,000 towards the refurbishment costs.
“The production of the Life in EX13 calendar for 2015 was a community project which exceeded all expectations,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“People took the project to their hearts. More entries were received than expected and the quality of the entries was excellent. The winning photographs were exceptional. Twelve local businesses supported the project and more than 700 calendars were sold for the Minster.
“We would like to thank everyone who helped raise this magnificent sum. Because of the response, and by popular demand, a further competition is being held along similar lines to create a calendar for 2016 entitled ‘Colours of EX13’.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
“This time we want pictures celebrating the colours of EX13. These can be the colourful people, events or scenery that we live with day by day.”
The contest, which costs £1 to enter, is launched on Sunday, March 1, and the closing date is Sunday, May 31. An exhibition of the shortlist chosen by the judging panel will be on display at the Axe Vale Festival on June 20-21 for public judging.
For details, contact Mrs Harding on 01297 32155 or email email@example.com