David Weare: funeral arrangements
Service for banger racer (Number 78) will take place in Dunkeswell on Saturday.
The funeral service of well-known banger racer David Weare, who was tragically killed during an event at Hednesford, will take place in Dunkeswell on Saturday (October 8).
Mr Weare, 43, died on September 25, leaving wife Sue and sons Max and Reece.
The service will take place in the parish church of St Nicholas at 1.30pm.
Family flowers only, but donations are being accepted for the Handstand Appeal, which is raising money to buy prosthetic limbs for two-year-old Marshall Janson, who lost his hands and legs to meningitis.
Mr Weare, banger racer number 78, grew up locally and attended Honiton Community College.
He was respected in motor sport circles across the country.
- 1 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 2 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 3 Seaton's 'Hub Elves' replace loneliness with Christmas cheer
- 4 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 5 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 6 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 7 Green team monitor water quality levels after pollution fears
- 8 Internal bowls battle in national competition
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
Anybody wishing to make a donation to the Handstand Appeal in Mr Weare’s memory can do so care of Layzell Funeral Service, Awliscombe EX14 3PP.