David Weare: funeral arrangements
Service for banger racer (Number 78) will take place in Dunkeswell on Saturday.
The funeral service of well-known banger racer David Weare, who was tragically killed during an event at Hednesford, will take place in Dunkeswell on Saturday (October 8).
Mr Weare, 43, died on September 25, leaving wife Sue and sons Max and Reece.
The service will take place in the parish church of St Nicholas at 1.30pm.
Family flowers only, but donations are being accepted for the Handstand Appeal, which is raising money to buy prosthetic limbs for two-year-old Marshall Janson, who lost his hands and legs to meningitis.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Weare, banger racer number 78, grew up locally and attended Honiton Community College.
He was respected in motor sport circles across the country.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 8 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Anybody wishing to make a donation to the Handstand Appeal in Mr Weare’s memory can do so care of Layzell Funeral Service, Awliscombe EX14 3PP.