Day centre patients enjoy some festive fun
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Tesco has provided two Christmas trees, decorations, crackers, chocolates and yule logs to residents at the day centre.
Patients at Hospiscare’s Kings House Day Hospice in Honiton are getting into the festive spirit thanks to the town’s Tesco store.
The company has provided two Christmas trees, decorations, crackers, chocolates and yule logs to residents at the day centre.
Louisa Littlewood, Honiton Tesco’s community champion, popped into the day hospice to deliver mince pies, have a coffee, sing carols with patients and listen to their jokes and stories.
She said: “It’s so lovely to see people telling jokes and laughing together and we are so pleased to be able to help. Kings House is a lovely place for local people.”
You may also want to watch:
Patients enjoyed singing carols with Trevor Bolshaw playing the piano, a Christmas quiz and then had a Christmas lunch cooked by Hospiscare chef Lil Badcock.
Toni Hiscocks, Hospiscare’s healthcare practitioner, said: “We are so grateful to Tesco for their support.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
“The trees and decorations are lovely and help create a great atmosphere for our patients. The food is great too!”