DCC ELECTIONS: Moulding retains Axminster
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Moulding has retained the Axminster seat at the Devon County Council in yesterday’s election with more than 50 per cent of the votes cast.
He beat Independent Paul Hayward into second place by almost 800 votes.
See the Midweek Herald website for updates and other election results.
Jerry Walden (Labour) – 219 (6.4 per cent)
You may also want to watch:
Paul Hayward (Independent) – 1,060 (31.1 per cent)
Rob Jordan (Liberal Democrat) – 302 (8.9 per cent)
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Andrew Moulding (Conservative) – 1,800 (52.9 per cent)
Turnout – 36.2 per cent