Death of community stalwart Sheila Billett
A FUNERAL service will take place in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday, February 4) for well-known Whitebridges resident Sheila Billett. Mrs Billett died in hospital on January 25. She was 71.
A FUNERAL service will take place in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday, February 4) for well-known Whitebridges resident Sheila Billett.
Mrs Billett died in hospital on January 25. She was 71.
Born in Colaton Raleigh, Mrs Billett moved to Offwell as a teenager.
She married Eric at the parish church in Offwell in 1960.
You may also want to watch:
The couple were due to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary later this year.
Mrs Billett was a stalwart supporter of Honiton Senior Citizens' Centre and was a former member of the Women's Section of the Honiton branch of the Royal British Legion.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 5 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 6 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 7 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 8 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 9 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 10 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
She had been involved with Honiton Majorettes, Honiton Gym Club, Honiton Pantomime Society, Honiton and District Disabled Fellowship Club and was a staunch supporter of events held by Hospiscare Honiton in the Mackarness Hall.
She was Honiton Carnival Queen Mother for two consecutive years in the 1980s.
Mrs Billet leaves a husband, Eric, two sons and grandchildren.
Her funeral will take place at St Michael's Church, Honiton, at 12.30pm.