Death of community stalwart Sheila Billett
A FUNERAL service will take place in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday, February 4) for well-known Whitebridges resident Sheila Billett. Mrs Billett died in hospital on January 25. She was 71.
A FUNERAL service will take place in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday, February 4) for well-known Whitebridges resident Sheila Billett.
Mrs Billett died in hospital on January 25. She was 71.
Born in Colaton Raleigh, Mrs Billett moved to Offwell as a teenager.
She married Eric at the parish church in Offwell in 1960.
The couple were due to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary later this year.
Mrs Billett was a stalwart supporter of Honiton Senior Citizens' Centre and was a former member of the Women's Section of the Honiton branch of the Royal British Legion.
- 1 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 2 New Repair Cafe to open in Honiton next month
- 3 Neil Parish wont stand in Honiton and Tiverton by-election
- 4 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 5 New unit to be built opposite Hangar two at Dunkeswell Airfield
- 6 Pub organises fundraising gigs for Ukraine
- 7 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 8 Town council explores best way forward for the Beehive
- 9 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 10 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
She had been involved with Honiton Majorettes, Honiton Gym Club, Honiton Pantomime Society, Honiton and District Disabled Fellowship Club and was a staunch supporter of events held by Hospiscare Honiton in the Mackarness Hall.
She was Honiton Carnival Queen Mother for two consecutive years in the 1980s.
Mrs Billet leaves a husband, Eric, two sons and grandchildren.
Her funeral will take place at St Michael's Church, Honiton, at 12.30pm.