Death of community stalwart Sheila Billett
A FUNERAL service will take place in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday, February 4) for well-known Whitebridges resident Sheila Billett. Mrs Billett died in hospital on January 25. She was 71.
A FUNERAL service will take place in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday, February 4) for well-known Whitebridges resident Sheila Billett.
Mrs Billett died in hospital on January 25. She was 71.
Born in Colaton Raleigh, Mrs Billett moved to Offwell as a teenager.
She married Eric at the parish church in Offwell in 1960.
You may also want to watch:
The couple were due to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary later this year.
Mrs Billett was a stalwart supporter of Honiton Senior Citizens' Centre and was a former member of the Women's Section of the Honiton branch of the Royal British Legion.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
She had been involved with Honiton Majorettes, Honiton Gym Club, Honiton Pantomime Society, Honiton and District Disabled Fellowship Club and was a staunch supporter of events held by Hospiscare Honiton in the Mackarness Hall.
She was Honiton Carnival Queen Mother for two consecutive years in the 1980s.
Mrs Billet leaves a husband, Eric, two sons and grandchildren.
Her funeral will take place at St Michael's Church, Honiton, at 12.30pm.