Death of community stalwart Sheila Billett
A FUNERAL service will take place in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday, February 4) for well-known Whitebridges resident Sheila Billett. Mrs Billett died in hospital on January 25. She was 71.
A FUNERAL service will take place in Honiton tomorrow (Thursday, February 4) for well-known Whitebridges resident Sheila Billett.
Mrs Billett died in hospital on January 25. She was 71.
Born in Colaton Raleigh, Mrs Billett moved to Offwell as a teenager.
She married Eric at the parish church in Offwell in 1960.
You may also want to watch:
The couple were due to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary later this year.
Mrs Billett was a stalwart supporter of Honiton Senior Citizens' Centre and was a former member of the Women's Section of the Honiton branch of the Royal British Legion.
- 1 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 2 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 3 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Singing in the Valleys for Alan
- 10 Fuel poverty: Real pressure is on those with low incomes
She had been involved with Honiton Majorettes, Honiton Gym Club, Honiton Pantomime Society, Honiton and District Disabled Fellowship Club and was a staunch supporter of events held by Hospiscare Honiton in the Mackarness Hall.
She was Honiton Carnival Queen Mother for two consecutive years in the 1980s.
Mrs Billet leaves a husband, Eric, two sons and grandchildren.
Her funeral will take place at St Michael's Church, Honiton, at 12.30pm.