Developer’s shot in the arm for Axminster Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Bovis Homes donate £4,000 from house sales to the League of Friends
Axminster Hospital has been given a big cash boost thanks to a local developer.
Bovis Homes, which is building houses around Cloakham Lawns, to the north of the town, agreed to set aside a sum of money from every property sold between September and the start of the new year.
But because some of the house completions took a while longer, Bovis extended this deadline to maximise its contribution.
And last week Kate Brown, the company’s regional marketing manager, presented Axminster Hospital League of Friends with a cheque for £4,000.
You may also want to watch:
League treasurer Steve Holt said: “The Bovis site has caused much discussion in the town, both positive and negative.
“We only hear about the things that go wrong and the league would like to thank Bovis for their generosity, not just to us but the other clubs, societies and charities of the Axminster community that have also received support.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 March the target for Point to Point racing
“The hospital is still a vibrant and active site and you will have seen the recent decision to invest in new X-ray equipment.
“This donation will help in ensuring that we are able to support the future development of the hospital.”
Bovis is holding an Easter egg hunt on their Cloakham Lawn site on Saturday (April 15) and have a hamper of Easter goodies to raffle with the proceeds going to the League of Friends.