Devon braced for snow
Ice warning for Monday morning.
Residents in Devon are being warned of the potential of snow and ice.
After a bitterly cold spell, conditions are expected to change today.
Temperatures will rise, but there is a possibility of widespread rain and sleet, with snow on high ground, from around 9am onwards.
That may then freeze overnight on Sunday and ice is likely across the county.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation, said: “The main salting network has been regularly gritted over the past week so that should help us deal with any potential snowfall over the weekend.
“Whether we get rain or snow, the chances are that it will freeze, so icy patches may be a problem, both on the salting network and on untreated roads.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 4 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Sidmouth and Ottery hockey stung by Hornets
“I would urge drivers to take extreme caution when travelling. It’s also worth avoiding using water to de-ice cars, wherever possible, as it will freeze on the driveway or on the public highway which can pose a hazard to themselves and others.”
Updates to follow. Send us your snow pictures.