Devon carsharing website praised
A carsharing website in Devon has been singled out by the Government for helping to cut carbon and congestion in the county.
A CARSHARING website in Devon has been praised by the Government for helping drivers cut C02 emissions and congestion in the county.
Carsharedevon.com has been highlighted in the Government’s White Paper on sustainable local transport.
It is a free service, which allows people in Devon and across the south west to find others to share their journey.
The service, which is helping drivers cut their fuel costs, is commissioned by Devon County Council and has more than 7,500 people signed up to its website.
You may also want to watch:
This could potentially save around million car miles in the county per year, and 1,892 tonnes of CO2 per year.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council member for highways and transportation, said: “Car sharing can make a huge difference to your wallet, but there are still many drivers who are unaware of how easy it is to find people to share with.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 6 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 7 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 10 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
For more information or to register visit www.carsharedevon.com