Devon carsharing website praised
A carsharing website in Devon has been singled out by the Government for helping to cut carbon and congestion in the county.
A CARSHARING website in Devon has been praised by the Government for helping drivers cut C02 emissions and congestion in the county.
Carsharedevon.com has been highlighted in the Government’s White Paper on sustainable local transport.
It is a free service, which allows people in Devon and across the south west to find others to share their journey.
The service, which is helping drivers cut their fuel costs, is commissioned by Devon County Council and has more than 7,500 people signed up to its website.
This could potentially save around million car miles in the county per year, and 1,892 tonnes of CO2 per year.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council member for highways and transportation, said: “Car sharing can make a huge difference to your wallet, but there are still many drivers who are unaware of how easy it is to find people to share with.”
- 1 Seaton beach wins blue flag status
- 2 Honiton Fire Station gives top tips to young drivers
- 3 Biker killed in Devon crash named
- 4 Grantchester star and former Colyton Grammar student Tom Brittney goes ‘back to school’
- 5 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 6 New workshop launched to help struggling Axminster traders
- 7 Police appeal for gun owners to hand them in during firearms amnesty
- 8 M5 all lanes now reopened.
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Event for Devon farmers and landowners interested in agri-tech
For more information or to register visit www.carsharedevon.com