Devon carsharing website praised
A carsharing website in Devon has been singled out by the Government for helping to cut carbon and congestion in the county.
A CARSHARING website in Devon has been praised by the Government for helping drivers cut C02 emissions and congestion in the county.
Carsharedevon.com has been highlighted in the Government’s White Paper on sustainable local transport.
It is a free service, which allows people in Devon and across the south west to find others to share their journey.
The service, which is helping drivers cut their fuel costs, is commissioned by Devon County Council and has more than 7,500 people signed up to its website.
You may also want to watch:
This could potentially save around million car miles in the county per year, and 1,892 tonnes of CO2 per year.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, Devon County Council member for highways and transportation, said: “Car sharing can make a huge difference to your wallet, but there are still many drivers who are unaware of how easy it is to find people to share with.”
- 1 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 2 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 3 School recognised for appliance of science
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Customers reminded to look out for tax credit renewal packs
- 6 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 7 Honiton Stingrays looking for new swimmers
- 8 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
For more information or to register visit www.carsharedevon.com