Devon Freewheelers given £1,000 donation
- Credit: Archant
Devon Freewheelers have been given a £1,000 donation as part of the Movement for Good awards.
The awards were set up by specialist insurer Ecclesiastical and allowed residents to nominate their favoured charity.
More than 1,660 Devon residents voted for a total of 85 charities in the regions and 11 have now received donations of £1,000 as part of a total £1million that will be given to UK charities across the UK this summer.
Devon Freewheelers help deliver vital services for the NHS such as blood, Covid-19 testing samples and medicine. Their work can be viewed at www.devonfreewheelers.org.uk.
Dame Hannah Roger’s School, Blackdown Support Group and Animals in Distress (Torbay and West Country) are amongst the other Devon charities set to benefit from the money.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the Movement for Good awards and for a full list of the winning charities, visit: www.ecclesiastical.com/movementforgood.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis