Diamond wedding celebrations for Honiton couple
Jean and Vick Wood celebrate a milestone after their paths crossed in Essex.
Jean, 77, and Vick Wood, 85, of Cypress Close, who have lived in Honiton for 22 years, married on October 15, 1951, in Epping, Essex after their paths crossed at Debden Station in Essex at the end of 1949, where Vick worked as a ticket collector.
Jean told the Midweek Herald that she would regularly see Vick when she travelled to work every week.
“We just got talking to each other. I saw him several times a week and we started talking about the weather and that was the start of it,” says Jean.
To celebrate their anniversary, the couple were joined by family and friends and enjoyed an evening of skittles at the Heathfield Inn.
The couple, who have seven children, 14 grandchildren and two great grandchildren, hope to have many more happy years together.
“You have got to work at a marriage,” adds Jean.
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Biggest game in history looms for Beer Albion
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 8 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 9 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 10 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
“It means a terrific amount to celebrate our diamond wedding anniversary because not many people reach that stage. We are very lucky.”