Diamond wedding couple celebrate at Colyford
- Credit: Archant
Peter and Barbara Lacey - well known for their community work across the Axe Valley - mark 60 years of marriage
A devoted couple with a significant record of service to the community, particularly in East Devon, reached their diamond wedding anniversary on Thursday (April 24).
Peter Lacey, 20 years youth worker for Axe Valley, and his wife Barbara, celebrated the great milestone in their life together with a family dinner party at Reed’s Restaurant, Colyford, on Saturday.
Guests will include the couple’s daughter from Germany, their youngest son from Abu Dhubi, Barbara’s sister and her husband from Toronto.
Peter met Barbara in Feltham, when she was 15 and was immediately smitten. They married after Peter had completed his national service, and say their rewarding 60 years together has been built on “a loving partnership.”
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who have lived in Lyme Regis for 36 years, have always been, and still are, very active.
Peter, an auxiliary coastguard with the Lyme team for 12 years, is an avid researcher, especially on nautical history, and is a published author on the subject. He is also very enthusiastic about Lyme’s yesteryear and is currently working on a book about Elizabethan times in the resort.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Major accolade for driving school
- 5 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 6 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 7 The joy of gving something back
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world
He is given excellent support by Barbara, a former secretary at Lyme Regis Outdoor Education Centre and an ex part time youth worker.
Her hobbies include bird watching, gardening and walking, the latter with Peter, particularly on Dartmoor and in Cornwall where the couple will be holidaying on the completion of their diamond wedding celebrations.