Dishwasher fire ‘accidental’

PUBLISHED: 10:19 13 January 2011

Archant

Smoke discovering billowing from kitchen. Three fire crews sent to private dwelling in Broadclyst.

DEVON Fire and Rescue Service says the cause of a fire, which broke out in a private dwelling in Broadclyst in the early hours of today (Thursday), was accidental.

Three fire appliances from Exeter responded to a 999 call at 1.56am.

When crews arrived at the address, in Pounsland, they found smoke issuing from the kitchen area of the property.

A fire and rescue service spokesman said: “The fire, which involved a dishwasher, was extinguished using one hose reel jet and one covering jet, with two breathing apparatus. Positive pressure ventilation also used.”

The last appliance left the scene at 3am and the cause of the blaze was deemed accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald