Dishwasher fire ‘accidental’
Smoke discovering billowing from kitchen. Three fire crews sent to private dwelling in Broadclyst.
DEVON Fire and Rescue Service says the cause of a fire, which broke out in a private dwelling in Broadclyst in the early hours of today (Thursday), was accidental.
Three fire appliances from Exeter responded to a 999 call at 1.56am.
When crews arrived at the address, in Pounsland, they found smoke issuing from the kitchen area of the property.
A fire and rescue service spokesman said: “The fire, which involved a dishwasher, was extinguished using one hose reel jet and one covering jet, with two breathing apparatus. Positive pressure ventilation also used.”
You may also want to watch:
The last appliance left the scene at 3am and the cause of the blaze was deemed accidental.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020