Dishwasher fire ‘accidental’
Smoke discovering billowing from kitchen. Three fire crews sent to private dwelling in Broadclyst.
DEVON Fire and Rescue Service says the cause of a fire, which broke out in a private dwelling in Broadclyst in the early hours of today (Thursday), was accidental.
Three fire appliances from Exeter responded to a 999 call at 1.56am.
When crews arrived at the address, in Pounsland, they found smoke issuing from the kitchen area of the property.
A fire and rescue service spokesman said: “The fire, which involved a dishwasher, was extinguished using one hose reel jet and one covering jet, with two breathing apparatus. Positive pressure ventilation also used.”
You may also want to watch:
The last appliance left the scene at 3am and the cause of the blaze was deemed accidental.
- 1 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 2 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 3 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 4 Wiscombe Park hosts a fabulous return to motorsport
- 5 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 6 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 7 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future
- 8 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 10 Ian Chubb retains Whimple and Blackdown seat