Dishwasher fire ‘accidental’
Smoke discovering billowing from kitchen. Three fire crews sent to private dwelling in Broadclyst.
DEVON Fire and Rescue Service says the cause of a fire, which broke out in a private dwelling in Broadclyst in the early hours of today (Thursday), was accidental.
Three fire appliances from Exeter responded to a 999 call at 1.56am.
When crews arrived at the address, in Pounsland, they found smoke issuing from the kitchen area of the property.
A fire and rescue service spokesman said: “The fire, which involved a dishwasher, was extinguished using one hose reel jet and one covering jet, with two breathing apparatus. Positive pressure ventilation also used.”
You may also want to watch:
The last appliance left the scene at 3am and the cause of the blaze was deemed accidental.
- 1 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 2 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 3 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
- 4 Community group invites people to volunteers fayre
- 5 Cafe boss bounces back after adapting to impact of virus
- 6 Honiton Rugby Club recruitment day
- 7 Lottery millionaire helps support big beach clean-up
- 8 Property of the Week: Combpyne Road, Musbury, Axminster
- 9 Benefit cheat 'too disabled to move' filmed shopping in Axminster
- 10 Flying start for the Axminster Tigers