Disruption to train services
South West Trains ‘extremely frustrated’.
Emergency engineering works are causing disruption on the Waterloo line, South West Trains is advising passengers.
A South West Trains spokesman said: “We are extremely frustrated that our passengers’ journeys are being disrupted again this morning and we are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause. Network Rail engineers are working hard to repairs the problems as soon as possible and we will keep our customers updated.”
The following service alterations are expected to remain in place for the rest of the day:
* Alton services will run as a shuttle between Woking and Alton
* West of England services will start and finish at Basingstoke
* Shepperton services will run as a shuttle service to and from Kingston
- 1 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 2 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 3 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Biggest game in history looms for Beer Albion
- 6 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 7 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 8 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 9 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 10 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
* Hampton Court services will run as a shuttle service between Surbiton and Hampton Court
* Dorking services are cancelled
* Guildford services will call additionally at Berrylands, New Malden and Raynes Park in both directions
Southern are accepting South West Trains tickets by any reasonable route.
First Great Western are accepting South West Trains tickets via Reading.
London Underground and London Buses are accepting South West Trains tickets by any reasonable route between Wimbledon and Waterloo
Separately, an earlier cable theft incident is causing disruption at Winchfield. As a result, services between Basingstoke and Farnborough are disrupted until further notice.
Customers are advised to check for updates in advance of travel and can access information through the following channels:
* Twitter @SW_Trains
* The South West Trains website at www.southwesttrains.co.uk
* National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner at www.nationalrail.co.uk
* TrainTracker on 0871 200 49 50