Disruption to train services
South West Trains ‘extremely frustrated’.
Emergency engineering works are causing disruption on the Waterloo line, South West Trains is advising passengers.
A South West Trains spokesman said: “We are extremely frustrated that our passengers’ journeys are being disrupted again this morning and we are sorry for the inconvenience this will cause. Network Rail engineers are working hard to repairs the problems as soon as possible and we will keep our customers updated.”
The following service alterations are expected to remain in place for the rest of the day:
* Alton services will run as a shuttle between Woking and Alton
You may also want to watch:
* West of England services will start and finish at Basingstoke
* Shepperton services will run as a shuttle service to and from Kingston
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 4 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Council lobbies Government on behalf of young people
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
* Hampton Court services will run as a shuttle service between Surbiton and Hampton Court
* Dorking services are cancelled
* Guildford services will call additionally at Berrylands, New Malden and Raynes Park in both directions
Southern are accepting South West Trains tickets by any reasonable route.
First Great Western are accepting South West Trains tickets via Reading.
London Underground and London Buses are accepting South West Trains tickets by any reasonable route between Wimbledon and Waterloo
Separately, an earlier cable theft incident is causing disruption at Winchfield. As a result, services between Basingstoke and Farnborough are disrupted until further notice.
Customers are advised to check for updates in advance of travel and can access information through the following channels:
* Twitter @SW_Trains
* The South West Trains website at www.southwesttrains.co.uk
* National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner at www.nationalrail.co.uk
* TrainTracker on 0871 200 49 50