Do you recognise this cat?
Appeal launched to unravel the mystery of Boris the cat.
Honiton Cats Protection is trying to unravel the mystery behind Boris the cat who was found very far from home.
The cat, who has been nicknamed Boris, was found back in March in Upottery, however, it has only recently come to light, after a routine visit to the vets, that he is registered to an address in Basildon.
The branch’s co-ordinator Lizzie Manley said: “We always check whether a cat has been micro-chipped when they come in as strays and were delighted to get the beep on this boy.
“Sadly it seems his owners have moved, as he’s registered to an address in Basildon but they are no longer there. It may be that they have moved down to Devon and not updated their address details. It’s such a shame as we always like to reunite cats with their owners.”
You may also want to watch:
She told the Midweek Herald that when the charity found Boris he weighed only two-and-a-half kilos and was covered in fleas. He also had to have 30 ticks removed.
However, he is now fit and well.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 7 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
If his owners do not come forward he will be put up for re-homing.
Anyone who can shed any light on the mystery of Boris from Basildon is urged to call the branch on 01404 45241.
Honiton Cats Protection also currently has 15 cats and kittens looking for new homes. For more information visit www.honiton.cats.org.uk