Do you want to move your children to a new school during term time? New application form in Devon
MORE THAN 5,000 Devon parents who want to change their children s school during term time will have to complete a new application form.
MORE THAN 5,000 Devon parents who want to change their children's school during term time will have to complete a new application form.
The Government has told all education authorities to start using the new procedure from September 2010.
It does not affect parents whose children are starting primary school or transferring from primary to secondary in the normal way.
But anyone moving from one part of Devon to another or moving into the county who requires a place during the normal school year will have to fill out the new Common Application Form.
You may also want to watch:
They can express a preference for up to three schools and - even if one or more preferences are for schools outside Devon - they must return it to Devon County Council if their home address is in the county.
Devon County Council's Admissions Manager, Karen Howes, said: "We want parents to know about these new procedures as early as possible.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 7 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 10 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
"We are holding roadshows for school administrators and we have held briefings for headteachers and governors.
"Moving house is always a stressful time and we want to make sure parents know exactly what they now have to do to apply for a school place.