Dog controls not thought through
I do question the necessity for East Devon District Council to publish and distribute the East Devon Talk magazine.
I do question the necessity for East Devon District Council to publish and distribute the East Devon Talk magazine. I would rather my council tax was spent on improving the core responsibilities of EDDC, eg the public toilets, street cleaning, etc.
There is nothing within the pages of the recent issue (No 17) that has not already been covered by the several newspapers covering East Devon.
Furthermore, regarding the article on dog control, it is obvious that the council has not thought through the new restrictions that they intend to impose on dog owners. What a ridiculous notion to limit the number of dogs a person can exercise.
Like many issues in this country, the majority suffer because of the bad behaviour and attitudes of a small minority. The council should spend their time on more important issues, rather than the number of dogs someone can go on a walk with.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Brian Bucklar
- 1 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 2 Town's extended Aldi store open again for shoppers
- 3 Seaton salutes its green-fingered garden winners
- 4 Have your say on shape of future town development
- 5 Bikers take the limelight at Wiscombe Park
- 6 Drama club rewarded for Christmas show that proved a winner
- 7 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 8 Nursing home enjoys great outdoors with family barbecue
- 9 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 10 Lions defy effects of pandemic and give £17,000 to good causes