Plans lodged for a doggy day care centre in Honiton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A day care and activity centre for dogs could be set up in Dunkeswell if plans get the green light.
Jennifer and Charles Rowland want to transform an industrial unit at Dunkeswell Business Park into the centre, which will operate alongside their successful dog walking and boarding services.
A planning support statement said: "Our goal is to provide a safe and fun environment for dogs whilst their owners are at work or out for the day.
"A place where dogs can be supervised and safely interact with one another and have suitable enrichment and a cosy place to lay down for some time."
If the plans are approved, the Rowlands intend to charge £20 per dog per day, with a second dog discount.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed facility would house a maximum of 16 dogs.
The applicants say they would like to open before January 2020.
- 1 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 2 Hot pennies team plan bumper event to mark charter anniversary
- 3 Streetwise author launches second edition of historical A to Z
- 4 Escot provides 'forever' home for rescued bear cubs
- 5 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 6 Scouts welcome Ernie
- 7 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 8 Mentoring helps to encourage development and leadership
- 9 New silverware up for grabs as flower and produce fair returns
- 10 Devon to get new MP - Major changes to electoral boundaries
East Devon District Council will determine the plans at a future date.