Don’t lose your right to vote
Make sure your name is on the electoral roll.
WITH local elections taking place on Thursday, May 5, candidates will be vying for seats on Honiton Town Council and East Devon District Council.
It is, therefore, important that everyone ensures their name is on the current electoral roll - so that they have the right to vote at these elections.
Honiton Town Council advises that the electoral roll update will close at the end of February.
Anybody needing to add their details to the register of voters should contact East Devon District Council.
Copies of the Electoral Register are kept at post offices, libraries and by town and parish clerks - so a quick check to make sure your name is there should take no time at all. It’s your right to vote, so don’t miss out.
Town clerk Lyn Hargood said: “Remember, not using your right to vote is like inviting someone else to tell you how your life and community should be run.”
- 1 'Graffiti vandals' target Honiton skate park
- 2 Motorcyclist dies after crash on A35 near Axminster
- 3 Drivers advised to plan journeys as A35 landslip work begins
- 4 Bestiality video found on jailed drug dealer's phone
- 5 Taxidermy alligator set to go under the hammer in Honiton
- 6 Plan for 18-METRE 5G mast in Honiton submitted
- 7 Serious accident closes A35 in both directions
- 8 Devon's newest MP raises issue of rural fuel duty in parliament
- 9 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 10 Former Seaton bank to become shop
If you feel you could make a real difference to your local area and would like details of how to become a town or district councillor, contact Mrs Hargood on (01404) 42957 or email firstname.lastname@example.org