Don’t lose your right to vote
Make sure your name is on the electoral roll.
WITH local elections taking place on Thursday, May 5, candidates will be vying for seats on Honiton Town Council and East Devon District Council.
It is, therefore, important that everyone ensures their name is on the current electoral roll - so that they have the right to vote at these elections.
Honiton Town Council advises that the electoral roll update will close at the end of February.
Anybody needing to add their details to the register of voters should contact East Devon District Council.
You may also want to watch:
Copies of the Electoral Register are kept at post offices, libraries and by town and parish clerks - so a quick check to make sure your name is there should take no time at all. It’s your right to vote, so don’t miss out.
Town clerk Lyn Hargood said: “Remember, not using your right to vote is like inviting someone else to tell you how your life and community should be run.”
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
If you feel you could make a real difference to your local area and would like details of how to become a town or district councillor, contact Mrs Hargood on (01404) 42957 or email email@example.com