Don’t miss what’s happening right now!
Savour the moment.
There’s lots I like about New Year – parties, friends, staying up late, friends, parties, the list goes on. Actually, it stops there – but it’s great nonetheless.
Sadly, New Year often goes hand in hand with spending lots of time thinking and hoping about the future and/or lamenting or feeling nostalgic towards the past so we often forget that being here in this moment is the most important thing we can do.
We can’t change the past or know the future; we need to live in the present.
If we spend our time worrying about what’s coming or what’s gone we might well miss what’s happening now. Jesus asked “which of you by worrying (about the future) can add a moment to your life?” and reminded us to “seek God’s kingdom first” meaning to seek God’s values of love, peace, faithfulness, forgiveness and peace right here and now!
You may also want to watch:
Happy New Year!
- 1 Racist graffiti daubed on The Volunteer pub in Honiton
- 2 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 3 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 4 Closing of the rinks at Axminster Bowls
- 5 Landscape firm wins award for work on new housing development
- 6 Property of the Week: Castle Hill, Seaton
- 7 Artists collaborate with council on next stage of town's art trail
- 8 Festival fishing in Torbay and Lyme Regis
- 9 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 10 Three more businesses become plastic-free champions