Axminster groups receive Rotary Club donations
- Credit: Archant
Two worthy causes have received donations of £200 from Axminster Rotary Club.
President Peter Creek presented the first cheque to Axminster Football Club's first team coach John Clements, towards a set of goalposts suitable for its under-13 section.
At the moment it only has equipment for adult footballers.
The second cheque was presented to Lesley Frankau, the Coordinator of the Axminster Christmas Together event, which is designed to help members of the community who would be alone on Christmas Day.
For the past four years a highly successful Christmas lunch has been provided on Christmas Day in the Guildhall and the Rotarians' £200 donation will help to pay for this year's festive meal.
You may also want to watch:
It is expected that around 100 people, including volunteers, will attend the lunch which will be a traditional meal, with a vegetarian option.
There will be carols, games, crackers, gifts and entertainment.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 7 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis