‘Donkeys’ win Beer Lifeboat Week quiz
- Credit: Archant
Postponed event raises £310 for the RNLI
Beer Lifeboat Week’s quiz night – postponed from July - attracted 21 teams to the Dolphin Hotel last week.
Winners were ‘The Donkeys’ comprising members from Seaton, Branscombe, Axminster and All Saints.
They were presented with a certificate and bottles of cider donated by Lyme Bay Winery.
The team ‘All at Sea’ was second and ‘Made in Devon’ was third.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Carlin was the Quizmaster plus and his assistant and score keeper was Lynne Bartlett.
Organisers also thanked the Dolphin for hosting both the quiz night, which raised £310, and the Sea Shanty Night, featuring the Chantry Buoys, that raised £237.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The total for Beer Lifeboat Week is now £1,618.56.
Currently Seaton Beer and District Branch RNLI is attending events in the area with its souvenir and gift stall.
Additional Volunteers are needed and welcome to join us. Please telephone secretary Wendy Cummins on 01297 23040 or email email@example.com