Donnie Brasco conquers Europe
An East Devon Punk band return after their first European tour.
AN EAST Devon punk band has recently returned home after entertaining music lovers across Europe.
Donnie Brasco, which has members based in Axminster, Seaton and Chard, completed a ten-day tour of Europe supporting Grimsby-based band The Departed.
During the tour, band members Paul Birks, Tom Fiction, Richard Beer, Chris Webber, Rich Webber and Dale Higgs took to the stage in Belgium, Germany, France and Holland.
Lead singer Chris Webber said: “The tour went really well, considering we were pretty much unheard of in Europe.”
However, he told The Midweek Herald, it was touch-and-go as the band experienced trouble with their van, but it held out for the tour in the end.
He added: “We had really good responses from the shows we played, especially the second day in Bruges as it was a packed out room where we played to about 70 or 80 people.
- 1 Record crowd watches Axminster Town take on Exeter City
- 2 East Devon shop reaches out to support local cancer charity
- 3 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 4 Plans for keeping Dalwood 'a special place' to be put to the vote
- 5 Ace performer at Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 6 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
- 7 More rugby progress and education for Honiton Under-11s
- 8 Warm golfing welcome to Honiton's new ladies captain
- 9 Tell us a Story
- 10 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
“The overall experience was brilliant; we met some really nice people, got on really well with The Departed, and are staying in touch with them, and saw many different countries.
“The experience was made even better by the free beer and awesome hospitality of the promoters who made sure we were fed and paid and had a place to stay every night.”
The band is hoping to repeat the experience in September, but their main aim is to write and record an album this summer.
Chris admits there were many memorable moments on the tour, but a personal highlight for him and guitarist Ric was when they were hustled in a game of pool in Bruges.
l Catch the band on April 23, at 8pm, when they will be performing at The Smugglers in Seaton, alongside My Deprivation and The Departed.
For more information visit www.myspace.com/godonniebrasco