Donnie Brasco prepare to rock Europe
Punk band, Donnie Brasco, get set to rock Europe in their first overseas tour.
AN EAST Devon punk band is getting set to rock Europe as members prepare for their first overseas tour.
Donnie Brasco will be setting off on a ten date tour later this month. They are supporting Grimsby-based band The Departed.
The melodic punk band has members based in Axminster, Seaton and Chard and is made up of Paul Birks, Tom Fiction, Richard Beer, Chris Webber, Rich Webber and Dale Higgs.
Lead singer Chris Webber said: “It’s our first time playing over seas so we are seeing this as a good chance to get our songs out to a much wider audience and generally have a good time.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of the tour, the band will be entertaining audiences in Belgium, Germany, France and Holland, including Bruge, Hazebouck and Zoetermeer.
The band is also back to full strength after Rich Webber returned from Australia to complete the band’s original line up.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
He added: “We’re really excited about it.
“It will be nice to play in different countries and to different people and get our name about in Europe.
“It is just a good opportunity that has come our way.”
February is already proving to be a busy month for Donnie Brasco as the band also has a track featured on the Lockjaw Records compilation CD, which will be available with Rock Sound magazine.
The future for Donnie Brasco looks bright as they plan to record and release an eight track CD later this year and will continue to play as many gigs as they can.
For more information visit www.myspace.com/godonniebrasco