Door malfunction shuts out shoppers
The Co-operative apologises for any inconvenience.
THIS was the scene at The Co-operative supermarket in Honiton on Saturday morning. Shoppers were shut out of the recently refurbished store, in Lace Walk, after automatic, electronic doors suffered a malfunction.
“We can confirm that a malfunction with the doors at our Honiton store resulted in a temporary closure on Saturday morning,” said a spokeswoman for The Co-operative.
“Engineers were called and the store was re-opened at approximately 11.30am.”
The spokeswoman added: “We apologise to customers for any inconvenience.”
You may also want to watch:
The malfunction occurred on a day when Honiton was teeming with shoppers, attracted in to town by Turn Honiton Pink.
- 1 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 2 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 8 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 9 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 10 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink