Dozens of redundancies as holiday park firm - with property in Honiton - goes into administration
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of jobs have been lost after a holiday park firm went into administration.
Dream Lodge Group, which includes Honiton’s Blossom Hill Park, in its portfolio, operates eight luxury lodge parks throughout the south of England.
Eighty employees have been made redundant following a period of ‘financial pressure’, with the directors concluding that the business was unable to continue trading outside of protection from administration.
Deloitte LLP has been appointed administrators of Walsham Chalet Park Limited, which trades under the Dream Lodge Group brand.
Richard Hawes, joint administrator, said: “Unfortunately, it has been necessary to make a significant number of redundancies today as it is no longer possible to continue to operate the business in its existing format.
You may also want to watch:
“It is the joint administrators’ intention to immediately explore all options available for the company with the priority being to secure a sale of the business or its constituent parts.
“Where at all possible, whilst a sale is explored, all lodge parks will remain operational.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
“We understand that there are a number of key stakeholders and creditors of the business including, but not limited to, private owners, Return of Investment customers and parties who have booked holiday lets.
“We will continue to work with these stakeholders and the business to seek their continued support during this difficult time.”
Eighty of 121 Dream Lodge employees have been made redundant with immediate effect, with the firm citing the ‘immediate funding constraints’ and ‘seasonality of the business’ as the necessary reason.
The firm added that ‘key services’ will continue to be provided at the parks while the joint administrators investigate all options, including a potential sale.
It is not known how many jobs have been lost in Honiton.
The firm runs Blossom Hill Park, based in Dunkeswell.
While Dream Lodge Group’s website is still active, information and booking details for Blossom Hill Park have been removed.
Instead, visitors are greeted with a message saying: “This company is no longer trading!”
Do you work at Blossom Hill Park? If you would like to speak confidentially with a reporter, call 01392 888486.