Drivers ignoring new speed limit in Honiton
IN just one hour, 79 vehicles were clocked travelling in excess of 35mph in Honiton s newest 30mph zone.
IN just one hour, 79 vehicles were clocked travelling in excess of 35mph in Honiton's newest 30mph zone.
The entire length of Kings Road is now covered by the speed restriction, but many motorists are ignoring it.
That is what Neighbourhood Beat Manager Pc Ian Atyeo told Honiton Town Council on Monday night.
"The ones I have pulled over were travelling out of the town," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"They were travelling up the hill more quickly than the ones coming down.
"The four or five drivers I spoke to were educated on the matter.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 UK’s fastest hillclimb drivers heading to Honiton
- 3 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 4 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 The mystery of the meaning behind Honiton's town seal
- 7 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 8 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 9 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 10 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
"If they are caught again, they will be ticketed."
Most of those ignoring the speed limit are locals, the meeting heard.
Pc Atyeo stressed: "Kings Road is now a 30mph area, as opposed to 40mph as it used to be.
"We will be up there quite regularly, to get the message across. Look out! Don't get caught out."
During the meeting, councillors were educated on the 30mph speed limit in Battishorne Way.
At least one councillor admitted to thinking it was a 40mph zone.
Pc Atyeo said additional, flashing signage is to be erected along the route.