Drug raid on former social club in Axminster
- Credit: Archant
The police have carried out a drugs raid in Axminster, and said they have seized a ‘substantial’ amount of cannabis.
Police have seized a substantial amount of cannabis in Axminster.
Officers said they were called to the former Axe Vale Social Club in Chard Street after reports of a strong smell of cannabis in the area.
A spokesman for the police said: “Officers attended the address at around 7.30am on Thursday, July 7.
“Due to the extensive amount of equipment and plants found in the property, which is spread over three floors, a specialist team of officers will be at the property today to seize the material.
You may also want to watch:
“This will require the road to be closed while the seizure operation gets under way.
“The road closure was expected to begin at noon today.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
? A 27-year-old man on suspicion of production of class B cannabis.