Drugs raid in Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Quantity of cannabis plants and a firearm seized by police.
Police seized a quantity of cannabis plants, suspected class A drugs and a firearm during a raid in Honiton.
Officers from Honiton’s Neighbourhood Policing Team executed a warrant under the misuse of drugs act to search a premises last Wednesday.
A local 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs and was taken to Heavitree Road police station for questioning.
Other items were also seized from the property by officers including computers.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbourhood team leader Sergeant Jim Humphrey said: “Along with recent drug warrants the search shows our determination to target those who seek to profit from cultivating and supplying illegal drugs.
“With drug use being highlighted on the most recent ‘Have Your Say’ survey as one of the issues concerning Honiton residents we will continue to focus efforts in this area.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope