Drugs seized during police raid
Police uncover a cultivation site in Dunkeswell.
Police in Honiton have seized a quantity of drugs after raiding a cultivation site in Dunkeswell.
Officers from the town’s neighbourhood policing team executed a search warrant on premises at a Dunkeswell industrial estate last Tuesday afternoon.
A quantity of cannabis plants and equipment used in the cultivation of the drug were confiscated by police.
Neighbourhood beat manager PC Mark Carnall said: “It is always a good result to get something like this.
You may also want to watch:
“It is going to disrupt the supply of drugs.”
During the operation officers were assisted by Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
PC Carnall added: “It was a well planned and executed operation.
“We had assistance from the fire brigade to gain entry onto the secured premises.
“All round it was a good result and we will continue to disrupt the supply of drugs.”
One male was arrested and the drugs seized will be taken for testing. Anyone with information on the cultivation or possession of drugs is urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.