Drugs seized during police raid
Police uncover a cultivation site in Dunkeswell.
Police in Honiton have seized a quantity of drugs after raiding a cultivation site in Dunkeswell.
Officers from the town’s neighbourhood policing team executed a search warrant on premises at a Dunkeswell industrial estate last Tuesday afternoon.
A quantity of cannabis plants and equipment used in the cultivation of the drug were confiscated by police.
Neighbourhood beat manager PC Mark Carnall said: “It is always a good result to get something like this.
You may also want to watch:
“It is going to disrupt the supply of drugs.”
During the operation officers were assisted by Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
PC Carnall added: “It was a well planned and executed operation.
“We had assistance from the fire brigade to gain entry onto the secured premises.
“All round it was a good result and we will continue to disrupt the supply of drugs.”
One male was arrested and the drugs seized will be taken for testing. Anyone with information on the cultivation or possession of drugs is urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.