Drugs seized during police raid
Police uncover a cultivation site in Dunkeswell.
Police in Honiton have seized a quantity of drugs after raiding a cultivation site in Dunkeswell.
Officers from the town’s neighbourhood policing team executed a search warrant on premises at a Dunkeswell industrial estate last Tuesday afternoon.
A quantity of cannabis plants and equipment used in the cultivation of the drug were confiscated by police.
Neighbourhood beat manager PC Mark Carnall said: “It is always a good result to get something like this.
You may also want to watch:
“It is going to disrupt the supply of drugs.”
During the operation officers were assisted by Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
- 1 'Unmissable' music show a treat for Beehive audiences
- 2 PM had to be cautious on next step, says MP
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Axminster bowlers travel to Seaton for a challenging fixture
- 8 Royal College of Midwives calls for long-term investment in NHS staff
- 9 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 10 Traders repay public's support with a fortnight feast of fiver offers
PC Carnall added: “It was a well planned and executed operation.
“We had assistance from the fire brigade to gain entry onto the secured premises.
“All round it was a good result and we will continue to disrupt the supply of drugs.”
One male was arrested and the drugs seized will be taken for testing. Anyone with information on the cultivation or possession of drugs is urged to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.