Dunkeswell family raises over 11k in three years
An the fundraising is set to continue.
Irene Pym MBE and her family have only lived in Dunkeswell for three years but, since moving to the village, have raised a whopping �11,500 for charity.
A further event is now due to take place and Mrs Pym hopes to receive similar good support from the community.
The family is staging a flower festival and fair from Friday, August 20, to Sunday, August 22, at Throgmorton Hall.
The Love Unity and Peace event will run from 10am to 7pm in aid of Help for Heroes, with coffee, lunches and tea.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, there will be a songs of praise event on Sunday, August 22, at 6.30pm, which is supported by St Nicholas Church and the Blackdown Christians.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 8 Local Football Results
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK