Dunkeswell family raises over 11k in three years
An the fundraising is set to continue.
Irene Pym MBE and her family have only lived in Dunkeswell for three years but, since moving to the village, have raised a whopping �11,500 for charity.
A further event is now due to take place and Mrs Pym hopes to receive similar good support from the community.
The family is staging a flower festival and fair from Friday, August 20, to Sunday, August 22, at Throgmorton Hall.
The Love Unity and Peace event will run from 10am to 7pm in aid of Help for Heroes, with coffee, lunches and tea.
You may also want to watch:
In addition, there will be a songs of praise event on Sunday, August 22, at 6.30pm, which is supported by St Nicholas Church and the Blackdown Christians.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 3 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 4 William conquers 200 books
- 5 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 6 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 7 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 8 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 9 Heatwave stops play at Axminster Bowls
- 10 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding