Dunkeswell ladies group supports Honiton charity TRIP
- Credit: Archant
A group of ladies which meets in Dunkeswell have made a donation to Honiton transport charity TRIP.
The Ladybirds, which holds informal meetings once a month at Dunkeswell Village Hall, is committed to fundraising for a local charity which chosen each year at our December meeting.
The group’s fundraising events are carried out throughout the year including a ‘flower of the month’ competition where members put pennies against flowers bought along by members, and culminating in November, a Christmas fayre held in Throgmorton Hall.
The fayre offers various stalls, including homemade cakes and pastries, handmade crafts, tombola, festive gifts and a raffle to win a hamper full of Christmas goodies.
The Ladybirds’ charity of choice for 2017 was TRIP. Val Royle, trustee and founder member of TRIP, visited the group’s meeting and was presented with a cheque for £700.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladybirds’ chosen charity for 2018 is the WESC Foundation, the specialist centre for visual impairment.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 School old boy went above and beyond call of duty to honour ware heroes
- 4 Have your say on future development of village
- 5 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
- 6 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 7 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 10 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes