Dunkeswell ladies group supports Honiton charity TRIP
- Credit: Archant
A group of ladies which meets in Dunkeswell have made a donation to Honiton transport charity TRIP.
The Ladybirds, which holds informal meetings once a month at Dunkeswell Village Hall, is committed to fundraising for a local charity which chosen each year at our December meeting.
The group’s fundraising events are carried out throughout the year including a ‘flower of the month’ competition where members put pennies against flowers bought along by members, and culminating in November, a Christmas fayre held in Throgmorton Hall.
The fayre offers various stalls, including homemade cakes and pastries, handmade crafts, tombola, festive gifts and a raffle to win a hamper full of Christmas goodies.
The Ladybirds’ charity of choice for 2017 was TRIP. Val Royle, trustee and founder member of TRIP, visited the group’s meeting and was presented with a cheque for £700.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladybirds’ chosen charity for 2018 is the WESC Foundation, the specialist centre for visual impairment.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Major accolade for driving school
- 5 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 6 The joy of gving something back
- 7 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world