Dunkeswell Ladybirds raise £700 for Hospiscare
- Credit: Archant
The community group made the money through a year of fundraising efforts.
A Dunkeswell-based community group has raised £700 for Hospiscare through a year of fundraising efforts.
The Ladybirds comprise of ladies who live in Dunkeswell and surrounding areas.
The group holds informal meetings once a month at Dunkeswell Village Hall.
Members invited Sarah Smith of Hospiscare to their January meeting to present her with a cheque for £700.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah said: “This donation will help Hospiscare fund more services closer to home for the people of East Devon.
“I am delighted to be here to meet the Ladybirds, who certainly know how to put the fun into fundraising.”
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
Brainwave is Ladybirds’ chosen charity for 2015.