Dunkeswell resident fears robbers and vandals
Parish council attacked for not consulting with residents over county council blackout.
I would like to complain about the sudden street lights blackout at around 12.30am every night in Dunkeswell.
At first I assumed it was a power cut, but then without any warning it happened again on Thursday, December 9.
I telephoned the department responsible for street lighting, who stated that our parish council had approved the blackout without our knowledge.
Do we need a council that treats us with such contempt?
I would find it a perfect situation for robbers and vandals.
Also, what if a nurse or any other male or female was attacked? I would sue the council.
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 7 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas
- 10 There are troubling consequences for all of us in this real life satire
I don’t think that Sidmouth or any other favoured town would tolerate it. Possibly one would need sun glasses there all night long.
Don’t extinguish all of East Devon, please.
David E Hill