Dunkeswell resident fears robbers and vandals
Parish council attacked for not consulting with residents over county council blackout.
I would like to complain about the sudden street lights blackout at around 12.30am every night in Dunkeswell.
At first I assumed it was a power cut, but then without any warning it happened again on Thursday, December 9.
I telephoned the department responsible for street lighting, who stated that our parish council had approved the blackout without our knowledge.
Do we need a council that treats us with such contempt?
I would find it a perfect situation for robbers and vandals.
Also, what if a nurse or any other male or female was attacked? I would sue the council.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 4 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 9 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
- 10 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
I don’t think that Sidmouth or any other favoured town would tolerate it. Possibly one would need sun glasses there all night long.
Don’t extinguish all of East Devon, please.
David E Hill