Dunkeswell resident fears robbers and vandals
Parish council attacked for not consulting with residents over county council blackout.
I would like to complain about the sudden street lights blackout at around 12.30am every night in Dunkeswell.
At first I assumed it was a power cut, but then without any warning it happened again on Thursday, December 9.
I telephoned the department responsible for street lighting, who stated that our parish council had approved the blackout without our knowledge.
Do we need a council that treats us with such contempt?
You may also want to watch:
I would find it a perfect situation for robbers and vandals.
Also, what if a nurse or any other male or female was attacked? I would sue the council.
- 1 New independent store opens in town's high street
- 2 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 3 Community unites to back historic market town charter celebration
- 4 Come and join us at village fayre, say organisers
- 5 Pennies from heaven! Crowds prove it's still the hottest ticket in town
- 6 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 7 Amazing ultra challenges for Axe Valley Runners
- 8 Fantastic return for the Seaton Parkrun
- 9 Flower show is back after two-year break
- 10 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
I don’t think that Sidmouth or any other favoured town would tolerate it. Possibly one would need sun glasses there all night long.
Don’t extinguish all of East Devon, please.
David E Hill