Dunkeswell resident fears robbers and vandals
Parish council attacked for not consulting with residents over county council blackout.
I would like to complain about the sudden street lights blackout at around 12.30am every night in Dunkeswell.
At first I assumed it was a power cut, but then without any warning it happened again on Thursday, December 9.
I telephoned the department responsible for street lighting, who stated that our parish council had approved the blackout without our knowledge.
Do we need a council that treats us with such contempt?
You may also want to watch:
I would find it a perfect situation for robbers and vandals.
Also, what if a nurse or any other male or female was attacked? I would sue the council.
- 1 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 2 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 3 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 4 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 5 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Helping others through your own experience can be a valued skill
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Vintage cars grace Wiscombe Park
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
I don’t think that Sidmouth or any other favoured town would tolerate it. Possibly one would need sun glasses there all night long.
Don’t extinguish all of East Devon, please.
David E Hill