CANCELLED – most East Devon carnivals not taking place amid coronavirus crisis
- Credit: Archant
The annual procession of illuminated floats and flamboyance will not be coming to most East Devon towns this summer and autumn.
Seven of the eight carnivals which make up the East Devon circuit have been cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Traditionally, carnival clubs from across the district bring their mechanical floats and walking entries to a different town every weekend throughout August, September and October.
However, Seaton, Colyton, Axminster, Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton, Exmouth and Honiton have all confirmed their carnivals are not taking place.
A decision on Ottery St Mary’s carnival – set for Saturday, October 31 – is yet to take place.
You may also want to watch:
Eva White of the organising committee said they are hoping the event can take place and a decision would not be made until at least July.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West