East Devon District Council offices to reopen after Coronavirus scare
- Credit: Archant
Coronavirus test results are awaited on an East Devon District Council employee but its offices will reopen tomorrow (Monday, March 9).
The council closed the Blackdown House offices on Friday after a possible case of the virus was identified in a member of staff who had returned from Italy.
A statement said test results were awaited on the employee, who would remain in isolation.
An EDDC spokesman said previously: 'They are displaying potential symptoms and although the risk is very low, we are taking the correct measures.
'All members of staff have been sent home and the majority will be able to continue working remotely.
You may also want to watch:
'The offices will be thoroughly cleansed, according to recommended guidelines, over the weekend and we anticipate reopening early next week.'
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 3 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The US Open: part two
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home