East Devon employers shortlisted for training awards
Flybe and Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary commended for the way they train their staff.
TWO East Devon employers involved in very different modes of transport have been commended for the way they train their staff.
Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary and airline company Flybe have both been named finalists in the National Training Awards run by UK Skills.
They are amongst 14 contenders for the regional title which will be revealed at a ceremony in Bristol on Tuesday October 19.
The donkey charity won through for its “Innovative modular training - providing improved donkey welfare whilst increasing staff motivation and progression”.
Judges said it had developed its own pioneering training programme to make sure donkeys are looked after by staff with specialist knowledge of their needs.
The charity, founded in 1969, employs 541 people in its work to protect donkeys and mules and promote their welfare worldwide.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Farmers' naked calendar is a smash hit for charity
- 4 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 7 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 8 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 9 Vanity Fair play to be performed at the Beehive
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Chief executive David Cook said its new training diplomas had made a significant impact on meeting their strategic and operational needs.
He said: “We believe it is the first diploma linked to providing focused training that has a direct impact on improving donkey health, welfare and care.”
Meanwhile Exeter based airline Flybe has been commended for the way it developed a leadership programme when it acquired rival company BA Connect in 2007 and almost doubled in size.
To cope it created Flybe Leader, a 12-month programme to empower middle management with effective team leadership skills, establish best practice and create a single business culture to manage the dramatic growth of the company.