East Devon: floral tribute to the Red Arrows
- Credit: Archant
The Red Arrows will be flying over East Devon and in Sidmouth a floral tribute has been designed in their honour.
Sidmouth in Bloom (SiB) took over responsibility for carpet-bedding the space on the Three Cornered Plot, and chairman Lynette Talbot’s design was realised using computer wizardry.
The flowers and shrubs were grown over the winter in controlled conditions before the 60 boxes were delivered and installed ‘like a massive jigsaw’ last week.
Committee treasurer Peter Endersby said: “The display is a tribute to the Red Arrows.
“This carpet-bedding display was designed by SiB, grown by Kernock Park Plants and installed by our volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s meant to showcase the speed, agility and precision of the Red Arrows’ Hawk jets.
“It needed mathematical precision; it was like a giant jigsaw. It was a bit of an unknown challenge but it worked extremely well.”
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon