East Devon hospitals among best in England
Results from a national hospital survey have revealed that inspectors rate East Devon’s community hospitals among the best in England.
The survey, conducted by the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA), rated hospitals on their environment, catering, cleanliness and on the privacy and dignity afforded to patients.
Devon’s community hospitals were graded well above the mark, with Honiton Community Hospital being rated as ‘excellent’ across the board - the best possible mark.
Axminster Hospital received an ‘excellent’ for food, privacy and dignity, as well as a ‘good’ for the environment.
Elsewhere, the privacy and dignity were rated ‘excellent’ at Seaton Hospital and the environment and food were graded as ‘good’.
You may also want to watch:
Nineteen of NHS Devon’s 21 community hospitals received at least one excellent rating in environment, food or privacy and dignity.
No hospital in Devon received a poor rating in any of the categories.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 7 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 8 William conquers 200 books
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
Sally Slade, NHS Devon’s managing director for health and social care, said: “Over the past year we have upgraded the facilities at most of our community hospitals through annual deep cleans and planned maintenance, including extensive work on ensuring privacy and dignity for all patients.
“We have worked in partnership with our leagues of friends and comforts funds who have helped us to provide those little extra things that make our patient’s stay that little bit more pleasurable.”