East Devon PCSO numbers to be slashed to five ‘by 2020’
- Credit: Archant
East Devon’s PCSO numbers are set to fall again by 2020 - bringing to the total number of officers to just five across the region.
Honiton PCSO Rich Shelton revealed the cuts at the meeting of Honiton Town Council last Monday.
He said: “PCSO numbers are going down to 200 by March 2020.
“That was from a figure of 360 a couple of years ago, across Devon and Cornwall.
“In East Devon now, we currently have eight.
“They are stationed at Honiton, Sidmouth, Seaton and Axminster.
“That figure we believe will go down to five.”
- 1 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 2 Residents at Marsh Green fighting solar farm proposals
- 3 Honiton councillor finalist for young civic awards
- 4 Mole screening day in Honiton hailed 'great success'
- 5 Review: Confusions, by Colyton Theatre Group
- 6 Police warn of cowboy traders in the local area
- 7 Judi Spiers re-dedicates Pecorama train Jimmy
- 8 Exmouth care home legacy boosts Beer Men’s Shed plans for second workshop
- 9 Pink Floyd tribute act coming to Beehive
- 10 Fresh application to convert antique shop into flats
A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said: “The total number of PCSOs across Devon and Cornwall will be 200 by 2020, instead of the original figure which was 150 by 2021.
“That originally was changed in response from the feedback we received from our partners and the general public.”