East Devon Schools among national high achievers
TWELVE outstanding Devon schools have been highlighted today as national high achievers – and five of them are in East Devon.
TWELVE outstanding Devon schools have been highlighted today as national high achievers - and five of them are in East Devon.
They have been spotlighted by the schools standards agency, Ofsted, for their outstanding success in inspections over the past year.
There are 10 primary schools, one secondary and a pupil referral unit on the list.
The East Devon schools listed are All Saints at Axminster, Beer, Clyst Hydon, Feniton and Offwell.
You may also want to watch:
Ofsted says these Devon County Council schools have all been judged to be outstanding in inspections carried out in 2008/2009.
Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Education, Christine Gilbert, said: "I would like to congratulate all who contributed to the success of outstanding provision across all areas of education. This is good news, not just for the providers but for the children, young people and learners who benefit from such excellent services."
- 1 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 2 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 3 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 4 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 5 Open invitation to help save church for the community
- 6 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 7 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 8 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 9 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 10 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers