East Devon Schools among national high achievers
TWELVE outstanding Devon schools have been highlighted today as national high achievers – and five of them are in East Devon.
TWELVE outstanding Devon schools have been highlighted today as national high achievers - and five of them are in East Devon.
They have been spotlighted by the schools standards agency, Ofsted, for their outstanding success in inspections over the past year.
There are 10 primary schools, one secondary and a pupil referral unit on the list.
The East Devon schools listed are All Saints at Axminster, Beer, Clyst Hydon, Feniton and Offwell.
You may also want to watch:
Ofsted says these Devon County Council schools have all been judged to be outstanding in inspections carried out in 2008/2009.
Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Education, Christine Gilbert, said: "I would like to congratulate all who contributed to the success of outstanding provision across all areas of education. This is good news, not just for the providers but for the children, young people and learners who benefit from such excellent services."
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 5 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 6 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 7 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 8 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 9 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 10 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff