East Devon Schools among national high achievers
TWELVE outstanding Devon schools have been highlighted today as national high achievers – and five of them are in East Devon.
TWELVE outstanding Devon schools have been highlighted today as national high achievers - and five of them are in East Devon.
They have been spotlighted by the schools standards agency, Ofsted, for their outstanding success in inspections over the past year.
There are 10 primary schools, one secondary and a pupil referral unit on the list.
The East Devon schools listed are All Saints at Axminster, Beer, Clyst Hydon, Feniton and Offwell.
You may also want to watch:
Ofsted says these Devon County Council schools have all been judged to be outstanding in inspections carried out in 2008/2009.
Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Education, Christine Gilbert, said: "I would like to congratulate all who contributed to the success of outstanding provision across all areas of education. This is good news, not just for the providers but for the children, young people and learners who benefit from such excellent services."
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis