East Devon Schools among national high achievers
TWELVE outstanding Devon schools have been highlighted today as national high achievers – and five of them are in East Devon.
TWELVE outstanding Devon schools have been highlighted today as national high achievers - and five of them are in East Devon.
They have been spotlighted by the schools standards agency, Ofsted, for their outstanding success in inspections over the past year.
There are 10 primary schools, one secondary and a pupil referral unit on the list.
The East Devon schools listed are All Saints at Axminster, Beer, Clyst Hydon, Feniton and Offwell.
Ofsted says these Devon County Council schools have all been judged to be outstanding in inspections carried out in 2008/2009.
Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Education, Christine Gilbert, said: "I would like to congratulate all who contributed to the success of outstanding provision across all areas of education. This is good news, not just for the providers but for the children, young people and learners who benefit from such excellent services."
- 1 Record crowd watches Axminster Town take on Exeter City
- 2 East Devon shop reaches out to support local cancer charity
- 3 'Small farmers' livelihoods face collapse, post-Brexit'
- 4 Plans for keeping Dalwood 'a special place' to be put to the vote
- 5 Ace performer at Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 6 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
- 7 More rugby progress and education for Honiton Under-11s
- 8 Warm golfing welcome to Honiton's new ladies captain
- 9 Tell us a Story
- 10 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon