East Devon Sing and Sign group welcomes new members
- Credit: Archant
Local Sing and Sign groups are going from strength to strength!
East Devon Sing and Sign’s Sarah Glover hosted a South West Sing and Sign Conference.
Sarah said: “It was a chance for us to get together and share ideas and stories about Sing and Sign.
“We have three new franchisees in the region and we wanted a chance to welcome them to our thriving team!”
Sing and Sign is the longest running baby signing classes in East Devon, having started more than 13 years ago; the first signers are now at secondary school! This year a group of children from a local primary school were accepted at grammar school and they were all Sing and Sign babies.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah said: “I can’t prove anything, but it’s an interesting fact!”
Sing and Sign really is the fun way to learn baby signing from newborns to two-and-a-half years old.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
Sarah said: “Babies use all sorts of gestures as part of their natural development and we show families how to build on these so that they can communicate with their child with signs such as ‘milk’, ‘more’ and ‘nappy change’.
“Sing and Sign’s unique approach combines songs, instruments, props, pictures and of course signs!
“With the help of our beloved Jessie Cat, we have taught over 1,000 families in East Devon how to communicate with their children before speech and they’ve all been amazed at what their babies can tell them!
East Devon Sing and Sign are currently running classes in Exeter, Honiton and Sidmouth.
For further information see www.singandsign.com