Uplyme’s summer show goes virtual
- Credit: Archant
One of East Devon’s most popular summer shows will take place on-line this year.
Uplyme and Lyme Regis Horticultural Society has replaced its annual outdoor event with a virtual one because of coronavirus.
It will go live on Saturday July 11, at 1pm, the same time as the real-life show would have opened.
The virtual Summer Flower and Produce Fair will consist of galleries of photographs to be displayed on the Summer Show 2020 page of the society’s website www.ulrhs.wordpress.com
There will be one gallery for each of 12 classes, covering flowers, fruit and veg, floral art, baking, art and craft and photography.
You may also want to watch:
The popular potato in a bucket competition will still run and there is a class for under-16 year olds, as well as two classes themed to reflect lives under lockdown.
The show classes will be for fun and there will be no judging.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
A maximum of two entries is allowed per class. People are encouraged to start compiling their entries now for submission in July.
Entries need to be emailed as landscape images and must be submitted between Monday July 6 and Wednesday July 8.
The photo galleries will be live on the society website at 1pm on Saturday July 11.
For further information about the classes and details of how to enter the show, visit www.ulrhs.wordpress.com