Easter chicks help keep medics flying
Chocolate-filled cuddly toys help produce egg-cellent sum for Devon Air Ambulance at Seaton fund raiser
EASTER chicks were “flying off the shelves” at a fund raising coffee morning in Seaton to aid the Devon Air Ambulance.
Sales of the knitted toys, with a cr�me egg inside, helped supporters raise �231 for the charity.
Organisers of the event, at Eyre Court Hotel, also sold cakes and scones, with clotted cream and strawberry jam, while musical entertainment was provided by Pam Cowell, on her electric piano.
A special Devon Air Ambulance cake was made by Eyre Court chef Shaun Llewellyn and slices were later sold to aid the fund.
You may also want to watch:
* So far 500 Easter Chicks have been knitted, over 200 by Jean Beardsell and Janine Barradale, of the Seaton Devon Air Ambulance supporters group, and 260 by the ‘Knit and Natter’ group.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 9 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby