Ebony’s head shave triumph for charity
- Credit: Archant
Young fundraiser Ebony Ford shows her support for local cancer charity FORCE.
An 11-year-old from Honiton has raised more than £1,000 after shaving off her long locks to help support those with cancer and their families.
Ebony Ford was joined by supportive friends and family when she shaved her head to raise money for local cancer charity FORCE - she raised £1,077.
Her hair was cut by local hairdresser Lisa Bevin of Hair By John, who kindly donated her wages for the day and even baked some cakes to raise money.
The charity is close to Ebony’s heart and has been providing support to her nan Pat Watson, who was diagnosed with thyroid cancer earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
The young fundraiser has been overwhelmed by the response from the local community and businesses who have come out to support her, including The Volunteer Inn, The Vine, A Dimond and Co, Honiton Toy Shop, The Paper Shop amd John Cox and everyone at the karate club.
Staff at Toast generously donated their day’s tips to help Ebony’s appeal.
- 1 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 4 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 5 Rural Proofing response will be guided by Labour’s motion says Cabinet at Devon County Council
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 How you can help your children keep up with studying
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
The 11-year-old said she wanted to thank everyone for their support, donations and kind words.
She says she wanted to make a difference to someone’s life, and feels that she has been able to do that.
Ebony will also be donating her hair to The Little Princess Trust. The charity provides real-hair wigs across the UK and Ireland to thosewho have lost their own hair through cancer treatment.
There is still time to make a donation by visiting http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/EbonyFord