EDDC relocation bid moves forward
Council to employ project manager.
East Devon District Council is serious about relocating its headquarters from Sidmouth to Honiton - so much so that it is seeking to recruit a project manager to move the bid forward.
The successful candidate will co-ordinate the move from Knowle to purpose-built premises at Heathpark.
The post, which is a for an initial contract of six months, could be extended to three years - if the project proves viable.
A council spokesman told the Herald in a statement that the post “will be vital to the success of the project and making sure that the council gets value for money, high quality new premises and a smooth process for its move to Honiton”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The successful candidate will manage all aspects of arranging disposal of the current site, build-out on the future site and the process of relocation.
“Candidates must have the right qualifications and experience, including arranging office relocation projects, preferably in the public sector.”
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West