EDDC relocation bid moves forward
Council to employ project manager.
East Devon District Council is serious about relocating its headquarters from Sidmouth to Honiton - so much so that it is seeking to recruit a project manager to move the bid forward.
The successful candidate will co-ordinate the move from Knowle to purpose-built premises at Heathpark.
The post, which is a for an initial contract of six months, could be extended to three years - if the project proves viable.
A council spokesman told the Herald in a statement that the post “will be vital to the success of the project and making sure that the council gets value for money, high quality new premises and a smooth process for its move to Honiton”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The successful candidate will manage all aspects of arranging disposal of the current site, build-out on the future site and the process of relocation.
“Candidates must have the right qualifications and experience, including arranging office relocation projects, preferably in the public sector.”
- 1 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 4 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 5 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Plea for help in the community as Devon deals with shortage of carers
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 10 Cranbrook prevail in local derby